Abstract submissions are invited for the 10th Australasian Congress on Applied Mechanics (ACAM10) at the University of Adelaide from 25-27 November 2020.
Abstract submissions are now being accepted for the Conference.
The deadline for abstract submission is 5.00pm 27 April 2020.
The conference will cover all aspects of applied mechanics. Abstracts are now invited for ACAM10 with a focus on, but not limited to, the following themes:
- Advanced Materials and Structures
- Automated Composites
- Bio-mechanics, Bio/sustainable-Composites
- Computational Mechanics
- Dynamics and Vibration
- Fibre Reinforced Composites
- Fatigue, Fracture and Failure Analysis of Structures
- Mechanics of Geomaterials and Concrete
- Multi-functional Structures and Materials
- Structural Health Monitoring and Structural Optimization
Abstract submission guidelines
- Abstracts must be submitted online as Microsoft Word documents only using a specific format – an abstract template is available online and must be used for all abstracts submitted.
- Abstracts must be a minimum of between 250 to 500 words in length and contain text only.
- The abstract cannot exceed one page
- The abstract must be written in English.
- Abstracts must be submitted in Times size 12
- The presenting author/s name/s must be typed in bold
- All author details and affiliations must be included
- The corresponding author’s email address must be included
- Authors must include a maximum of five keywords sufficient to highlight the relevant topics addressed in your paper.
- Authors must provide a biography (maximum of 100 words)
- Please note that while there is no limit on the number of abstracts you can submit, the Conference Program Committee will, where possible, limit the number of presentations per first author to one.
- Presenters of accepted abstracts are required to register and pay to attend the Conference as a delegate for at least the day they are presenting.
- Authors of accepted abstracts are required to submit a full paper for review. Submission of full papers implies the author’s agreement to publish their full paper on the proceedings USB and in the conference app.
- Successful papers must be presented by the lead author/s or a nominated co-author. The presenting author’s name must be listed in bold font in the author list.
- Acceptance of abstracts does not imply any payment from the Conference Committee. Authors must arrange and pay their own accommodation, travel etc. to attend the Conference.
- Acceptance or otherwise is at the discretion of the Conference Program Committee whose decision is final.
- Upon abstract submission, authors will be sent a confirmation email containing details of their abstract in a PDF file. Please contact [email protected] if a confirmation email is not received.
- The abstract should not be resubmitted for any reason other than if notified of a submission error.
- Authors can view their abstracts by returning to their online account and by selecting 'Abstract'.
- By submitting an abstract authors agree to the General Policies and Requirements listed above and the Speaker/Author Agreement
- Accepted presenters must be registered for the Conference by 7 September 2020
- All presenting authors are required to register and pay to attend the Conference to ensure their abstract is included in the final program, no funding or discounts are available to presenters.
Members of Engineers Australia can claim CPD hours for presenting at and attending ACAM10.